Affordable wedding photography
While for the romantic a wedding is the most important of all events, for us, the average, it comes as a whole lot of running around. So we rely on the recommendations of our friends and family for choosing the baker, the catering services or the florist and the decorator (even if we don’t like their outputs, we can ask them to change) but regarding the wedding photographers? Well, lost moments can never be gained back!
Choosing correctly the wedding photographers is one hell of a task; no, it’s not that you need to be a wedding photography pro (you could have been one, in hat case) to judge, but because their job is to capture the moments that can be relished for a lifetime. So, wedding photographers need to be the converging points of logic, aesthetics, presence of mind and technicality and seldom all these qualities come in equal proportions in a same package. For those it does, it may cost a few thousands of dollars; therefore, you need to strike the fine balance between skill and extravagancy. Question remains, how?
Tips on choosing affordable wedding photographer
- Know what you want. Being more specific on your demands (including the turnaround time) shall help wedding photographers know what to deliver; only the one good in his job shall spring forth while the ones not-so-good shall back off.
- To a model his/her portfolio; to the wedding photographers, it’s a complete set of photos from a wedding. Going through an entire set of such photographs (a complete wedding shoot) shall allow you to judge a wedding photographer’s consistency. That way, you shall be able to view his best photos as well as his worst, which should be at an acceptable level at the minimum. And make sure the photos are from an actual wedding and not from a made-up photo shoot.
- Though negatives do not make an essential part of a wedding photography package, but it’s price stays included. Despite the trend that makes these negatives the sole property of wedding photographers, some do part with them in exchange for cash. But that’s after you have made all your re-orders; an easy way out here is to obtain a certain number of copies right at first and then go for the negatives.
We can expect that from reading the above points, you have learnt the way to choose the best ones from the given range of wedding photographers. Now, it’s up to you to compare between their charges and turn your dream of hiring an affordable wedding photographer a reality. No wait, we haven’t yet mentioned that there are a handful who provide photographing at extra locations a complimentary service; if you can find one who also adheres to the above clauses, there shall be no doubt that you have found for yourself a really good and affordable wedding photography expert.
Find An Affordable Wedding Photographer in your area
Floral Wedding Photography
Wedding Photography with Flowers
Ask the wedding photographers; they shall agree that bridal bouquets (or the floral arrangements in the wedding hall) are the prime focus in a wedding. But flowers do not shape the wedding; it’s the theme that does it. Wedding flowers, therefore, must be selected following the theme you are choosing for your wedding. Once that’s taken care of, the rest is a piece of cake.
Let’s take the extreme case; you are making the theme rotate around the selection of wedding flowers. Most people, in that case, choose daisies or roses, but when it’s regarding choosing the colors, styles and types, people get confused. Therefore, before you focus on the decoration with flowers, you must also determine if it’s going to be bouquets or single flowers?
- How to choose wedding flowers for different seasons
The plus point for choosing the current seasonal flower is that your wedding flowers are going to be fresh. Therefore, please follow the list provided underneath for choosing your wedding flowers for a particular season:
- For winter: Calla Lily, Camellia, Forget-Me-Not, Holly, Ivy, Poinsettia and Tulip.
- For spring: Anemone, Apple Blossom, Calla Lily, Daffodil, Forsythia, Geranium, Hyacinth, Lilac, Magnolia, Narcissus and Tulip.
- For summer: Calla Lily, Daisy, Hydrangea, Forget-Me-Not and Zinnia (red, orange, or pink)
- For fall: Chrysanthemum, Dahlia, Marigold and Zinnia.
- Photography of wedding flowers
Lovely Wedding Flowers
Wedding photography looks its best when there remain present colorful wedding accents. And when it is about colors, flowers prove to be the best. Including colorful flowers in the photographs create the backdrop and ambience no other medium can produce. Therefore, before putting up your festive wedding décor, always fix a meeting between your florist, your decorator and your chosen wedding photographer to create the best of outputs.
Find a Local WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER in Just 2 Minutes
The advent of digital cameras have turned every wannabe to a photographer; the problem is, like every trade has it’s book of unwritten laws, so does photography and overlooking them may bar you from reaching the heights. Thus, to transform from an amateur photographer to a “Hey, this guy is good”, you need to follow a few tips and suggestions. More so, if you are willing to traverse into the field of wedding photography.
The Basic Equipments
Remember a formula before delving into the realms of wedding photography:
(Artistic touch + Skills + Talent) X Experience = A successful wedding photographer.
Thus, a DSLR with a built in flashgun is the first thing you should consider; even if you lack a certain amount of talent and experience, the preset modes and in-built effects can camouflage you up to quite an extent. Else, settle for:
i. A high-end digital camera or an analog SLR.
ii. Lenses and filters.
iii. Lighting equipment.
iv. A computer and image editing software.
v. A helping hand to recommend and suggest.
Now, certain tips to maximize the photographic outputs.
Artistic wedding Photography
- Background: This is something that can make or break a photo. Focusing on the subject completely shall cut out the ambience and the photograph shall stare stark at your face; taking the negative space around the subject shall make it easier to the eyes. In case there’s a lot of clutter, activity or some type of distraction in the background, try to find a calm and unobtrusive one.
- Glare from the glasses: Eyeglasses cause a lot of glare that translate to big, bright spots in a photo. This also makes the subject unrecognizable at times; therefore, a proper adjustment of the subject’s head is needed to cut it out. Make them tilt their respective heads so as to avoid the glare(s) from occurring.
- The events: There are specific moments that provide the perfect pictures. One is the reception, others are:
i. The cutting of the wedding cake.
ii. Throwing of the bridal bouquet.
iii. The bride and the groom kissing.
There are others as well, but these four are the most vital.
- Technicalities: This is about the shutter speeds, the film speeds and the power of the flash. Specific settings are recommended for capturing your subjects, so read up the user’s manual prior to everything.
Wedding Photographers and outdoor wedding
Let us have a few glimpses on the situations that wedding photographers land up often if it’s an outdoor wedding party. If the couple wants to be photographed while standing/walking in the rain, then he better know much more than just going clicking all over. Experienced wedding photographers know that every wedding is different; the energy of the ceremonies varies according to the groups present. That translated, all good wedding photographers should be able to capture that energy to make the photographs something spectacular. Outdoor weddings (or any outdoor gatherings) help people to relax; together with the natural light, things receive a whole new definition. Wedding photographers must be able to blend such subtleties to make an outdoor wedding in the monsoon appear better on the film.
Monsoon Effects on Wedding
There’s no doubt regarding monsoon brings an extra gust of romance in a wedding ceremony. But while drizzles may lift the spirits of the bride and the groom, it takes down that of the wedding photographer’s – unless, he knows properly how to utilize the dying light. And contrary to the subtle ways that Mother Nature shall bestow her love and affection on the married couple, wedding photographers may well stay prepared for verbal downpours for creating unintentionally the least wanted optical illusions. And if that occurs, you shall be considered a person not experienced enough in judging people.
Therefore, if you are planning an outdoor wedding during the monsoon, make sure you get wedding photographers who know to utilize properly the natural scenery for creating an atmosphere that can be called truly inviting at the least.